You are responsible for all consequences of and costs arising from:
- breaches of the fire regulations including misuse of the fire extinguishers and call-outs of the fire brigade in the absence of fire
- allowing more people than 100 people in total in the premises
- seating more than 84 people in the auditorium
- damage to any equipment or property belonging to Stagecraft or the Gryphon Theatre
- breaches of the liquor licensing regulations related to public places
- any other illegal, wilful or negligent act or omission.
The Gryphon does not have a bar. However, if you want to operate a bar you must obtain a special licence from the District Licensing Agency. In addition, a person with a Bar Manager's Certificate must be present while the bar is open and food must be available when liquor is being sold. The bar can only be opened before the performance and during the interval, if any.
District Licensing Agency
PO Box 2199
(04) 801 3528
The law requires that the consent of the owner of the premises must be obtained before a special licence will be granted. To allow us to obtain this, you should advise the theatre manager at least one week before you wish to submit your application.
> Back to information pack contents